Home Insurance Information and FAQ
United Group Insurance offers home insurance to customers near Red Oak, Stanton, Emerson, Villisca, and throughout Montgomery County, Iowa. See if combining your Farm and Homeowners Insurance will add protection and save you money with a free farm insurance quote. Call or stop by our office in Red Oak or click here to request – Get a Quote.
United Group Insurance is helps customers shop insurance benefits. If you are a homeowner, or are embarking on the journey of buying your first home, then you must adequately insure the property. We offer options from a network of trusted policies.
Common Homeowners Insurance Questions
What is home insurance?
Your home represents one of the most important and expensive investments that you will ever make. You never know when a hazardous event such as a fire, break-in, or severe storm might cause damage. You will want to make the necessary repairs to your property without a huge financial strain. Homeowners insurance policies have options to cover replacements and repairs. Find what works for you!
What does home insurance cover?
Homeowners insurance policies may offer a diversity of benefits, each designed to offer targeted protection for a diversity of unexpected, unavoidable issues. Examples are:
- Structure protection: coverage options for your house in the event of damage from fires, weather, theft, vandalism, or other hazards.
- Detached structures coverage: options for other buildings on your property – such as fences, carports, gazebos, and detached garages.
- Possessions insurance: options for damaged belongings. Protection might cover everything from furniture to food in the pantry and computer systems.
- Liability coverage: options may repay someone if you accidentally harm someone else or damage their property. Coverage may often pay for incidents both on and off your property.
- Additional living expense protection: options that may assist with hotel and meal expenses if you need to move out temporarily after household damage.
Additional options to consider that may be right for you:
- Replacement cost value possessions coverage
- Umbrella liability insurance
- Flood insurance
- Earthquake and windstorm endorsements
- Pet liability insurance
How much home insurance do I have to buy?
Most mortgage lenders require homebuyers to purchase homeowners insurance before they will approve loan applications. Generally, they will require you to obtain at least enough dwelling coverage for your home’s replacement cost value.
What does home insurance cost?
Multiple factors could influence the cost of your home insurance, including:
- The value of the home
- The home’s location
- Your credit score
- Security features in the home
- Your chosen policy and coverage limits
Call us at 712-243-6557 if you have any questions